Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Internal database table (SQL) contents

Posted Jan 03, 2018 09:17 AM
    Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    I have been searching with no luck trying to find documentation that describes the content of the UC4 database's intuitively named tables. 
    Having this would be much more helpful than posting specific SQL queries to the group, or searching on a specific query.
    If it is in a blatantly obvious place then let me know, and then laugh! As long as I can get a guide to these tables!
    AWA v11.2 on MSSQL 2012.

• 2.  Internal database table (SQL) contents

Posted Jan 03, 2018 09:31 AM
    Hi,

I know of only two things to that effect:

• there is a table inside the db called "UC_TABLE". That is supposed to hold table descriptions. It is rather brief and incomplete though and feels like an abandoned idea.

• Inside the download image (the big one), there is Automation.Platform/db/_structure/HTML. That holds HTML files on each table, and some columns have a textual description.

To my knowledge, that's all there is from Automic. We ourselves pieced together many of the undocumented bits by trial and error.

Hope that helps,
    Carsten

• 3.  Internal database table (SQL) contents

Posted Jan 03, 2018 11:24 AM
    Start start here;
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation

Select "Automic Workload Automation"
    Select the "11.2" tab
    Select "DB Schema"

• 4.  Internal database table (SQL) contents

Posted Jan 03, 2018 12:03 PM
    Pete Wirfs said:
    Start start here;
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation

Select "Automic Workload Automation"
    Select the "11.2" tab
    Select "DB Schema"
    Right, that's the online variant of the offline HTML files contained in the distribution mentioned above. Online may be more up to date (though I doubt this gets updated much, especially for 11.x).

• 5.  Internal database table (SQL) contents

Posted Jan 05, 2018 11:27 AM
    Thanks Carsten and Pete!
    The offline distribution files are handy for other team members, while the online reference works for me.