Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Report on jobs running longer than ETA in UC4

Posted May 30, 2018 06:34 AM

We are using UC4 Operations Manager V8.

Is there a way to generate a report showing all jobs which have run for longer than the expected ETA?

For example:  JOB A should take 10 minutes to run, but runs for 15 minutes.  How can I run a report to find all instances of jobs doing this?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Report on jobs running longer than ETA in UC4

Posted May 30, 2018 03:43 PM

Hi

Your Version is a bit outdated but if I had to guess I would use the Reporting tool utility.

[no online docu available]

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Report on jobs running longer than ETA in UC4
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 05:14 PM

The reporting tool will work.

You can also write a SQL query.

Note that AH is for history --- EH would be used for currently running jobs and has different columns

try something similar to -- adjust for your exact AE version and your DB (Oracle or MSSQL)

Another option if the ah_runtime is not populating or your object type, calculate the difference between ah_timestamp2 and ah_timestamp4.

select Oh_idnr, oh_client, oh_name, convert(varchar(25), ah_timestamp2,120) , convert(varchar(25), ah_timestamp4,120),

ah_runtime, oh_ert

from oh, ah where ah_oh_idnr = OH_idnr 

where ah_runtime > oh_ert

**********  pick selection criteria, by otype, date range, status, name......... ***************

and oh_client = 1000 ------------------restrict to a single client

and ah_runtime > oh_ert * 2----------------------------runtime is at least twice ert

and ah.ah_timestamp4 is not null -------------------------needs to have completed to be considered

and oh_otype = 'JOBS'  ----------------limit to JOBS only

and convert(varchar(4), ah_timestamp4,112) = '2018'-----only use current year

and ah_status = 1900  ------------------- only successful jobs

order by oh_client, oh_name ...................

Pete Wirfs and others have postings that group or average this type of value

--- makes it easier to focus on those that run long most often