Service Virtualization

• 1.  Scripted way to determine what is my running active config

Posted Apr 24, 2018 10:45 AM

I am looking to do a scripted step to see the current environment (Active / Running) and then depending on which environment it would go through a different set of test steps.

Step 1: Determine what is my active running config

If active config equals 1 then go to Step 3

Else go to Step 2

Step 2: Get Security token

Step 3: Web Service Execution step

• 2.  Re: Scripted way to determine what is my running active config
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 11:22 AM

Hi,

I'd create a config property named "SECURITY_TOKEN_NEEDED".

On Step 1, use an assertion that checks to see if the value is "false".  If so, go to step 3, else, Step 2 follows Step 1.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: Scripted way to determine what is my running active config

Posted Apr 25, 2018 06:17 AM

Hi,

Say, you have two environments, one being NON_PROD & the other being PROD and you have two config files with some information in them about the respective environments.

In your NON_PROD file declare a variable named flag and give it a value of 1, same way, in your PROD file declare the variable named flag and give it a value of 2. 

Then,

In your test case, you can have a do nothing step with multiple assertions checking the value of the variable flag and from there you can route based on the value of flag.

If flag = 1, go to Get Security token

If flag = 2, go to Web Service Execution step

You can use this assertion : Ensure property matches expression

Hope this helps.

• 4.  Re: Scripted way to determine what is my running active config

Posted Apr 25, 2018 08:13 AM

Yes your suggestion and @Mike Gavaghan suggestions worked fine I was looking to see if there was a property where I would not have to set a flag in the config files and I could determine from testexec or lisa. for which config was active and then do the assertion on a do nothing step.@