Brief on Environment Setup --
1. We have DevTest Registry installed on Linux machine.
2. ANT is setup on Windows machine.
As per documents referred , I understand that in order to run CA-LISA via ant task will need to set
ANT_HOME,LISA_HOME , and JAVA_HOME .
I managed to setup ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME as they are running on same windows machine .
My question is how to setup LISA_HOME.
1. Since we have workstation installed on same windows machine, can I set it's installation path to LISA_HOME?
2. Or since registry executes the test cases , we will need to setup ANT on Linux server?
What version of DevTest are you running?
ANT can run on any machines that has DevTest installed on it - so a Workstation install will accomplish this. You can set LISA_HOME to where your Workstation is installed.
Please refer to the sample build.xml that is located in DEVTEST_HOME\examples
- registry="registryName" e.g "tcp://testbox:2010/Registry" - a pointer to the registry you want to use if you want to stage the tests remotely. If you don't specify this or the registry name is 'local', the tests will be staged locally
Please also refer to the following documentation link:
Running DevTest with Ant and JUnit - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply.
Let me try and get back on this with my findings.
I tried by setting LISA_HOME to local workstation and it worked fine for me. Thank you.