Layer7 API Management

• 1.  LAC as a DB Link

Posted Aug 14, 2018 06:56 AM

Hi Team,

Can we Use LAC as DB Link or to be more specific can we transfer data(Tables) from one database to another database in real time or as timer based ?

Please help me with an example.

Thanks,

Irfan

• 2.  Re: LAC as a DB Link

Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:31 PM

Hi Irfan,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly… you're asking if the Live API Creator ("LAC”) can be used as a database to be linked to from another product? I suspect I'm misunderstanding, so if possible can you kindly clarify your use-case here so we can better evaluate your options and can properly answer the question for you?

Thank you in advance.

• 3.  Re: LAC as a DB Link

Posted Aug 14, 2018 01:56 PM

Hi Dustin,

Can LAC be used to copy one database data to another database on a timer basis?

We just need to check if we can connect two databases in lac in a single project. And when one database gets updated can we push this particular data to another database with batch processing technique.

Thank you for the help!!

Thanks,

• 4.  Re: LAC as a DB Link

Posted Aug 17, 2018 06:44 AM

Hi Dustin,

In LAC we need to create a service in which we will add two different databases.

So from data sources, I have seen that we can add two different databases.

UseCase: We need to transfer all the data or the updated data from database1 to a database2.

So how can we achieve this? Can we write a function for this or do we need to add a rule so that if database 1 updates then we should update the database 2 on timer basis with batch processing.

Thanks,

Irfan

• 5.  Re: LAC as a DB Link

Posted Aug 20, 2018 05:43 PM

Hi Irfan,

We have documentation on integrating multiple databases with an API here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-live-api-creator/4-1/en/creating-apis/integration/integrate-multiple-databases

Does that help though, or is that what you meant you saw earlier? If so, do you have a specific question I can track down for you so that we can update our documentation to better speak to the topic?