Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Salesforce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Aug 23, 2018 11:31 AM

We are using API Gateway - Salesforce Integration Solution Kit. There is no OOTB Salesforce Operation Assertion to delete SFDC records. What is the recommended way to do it?

• 2.  Re: Salesfroce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Aug 23, 2018 05:55 PM

Hello,

I just wanted to write to say that this appears to be filed as a feature request. I want to make sure this is referenced here for anyone coming across this thread and wanting to vote for this feature inclusion: APIM Salesforce operation to delete objects 

For now, you can only use the included functions to retrieve deleted objects, but can't actually delete them yourself. Here is the documentation for this ability, for reference: Execute Salesforce Operation Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

On a side note - I'm considering making this a discussion type rather than a question, as a question will have a "right answer", where-as this topic is more requesting ideas on what can be done in lieu of the missing functionality. So just a heads up, I may be converting this. I also found what appears to be a duplicate of this, so I will likely remove that one while I'm at it.

EDIT: I have converted this to a discussion from a question now.

• 3.  Re: Salesfroce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:46 AM

Thanks, Dustin. While waiting for the feature to be delivered, what could we do at the mean time? Can this be done by creating our own Custom Assertion? I notice that the toolkit comes with a SFDC Connection custom assertion demo. Could we write our own custom assertion to call SFDC SOAP API leveraging the SFDC Connection to delete objects? Is it feasible? I would sort the object deletion should be a common use case. Just wondering what options we have at the meantime.

• 4.  Re: Salesfroce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Aug 24, 2018 03:26 PM

Hi Jay,

I am unfortunately not deeply familiar with the SFDC custom assertion side of things, but this certainly sounds feasible to me, as it ultimately would come down to just simple API interactions with the SFDC backend. I believe a custom assertion may do the trick, yes.

• 5.  Re: Salesforce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Aug 24, 2018 03:32 PM

I am on the same page. Need some light coding for the custom assertion. Thanks, Dustin.

• 6.  Re: Salesforce Integration: Record Deletion

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:50 PM

Hi Dustin, our team implemented the custom assertion and it worked. 

Thanks again.

Jay

• 7.  Re: Salesforce Integration: Record Deletion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2019 07:32 AM

Hi Jay,

can you kindly share the implemented custom assertion ? we have also faced with s similar requirement which currently could not be addressed with the kit. 

Thanks in advance,