Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Need to stop API logs

Posted Aug 14, 2018 03:14 PM

Hello Team,

I have configured my logs as such that all logs are getting stored at External Database. Now currently i am seeing logs for all policies/services are getting capture on my external DB.

My requirement is : Is it possible that if i want to debug the policy 'A' ,at that time i should stop the complete logs of rest of all policies in my gateway. Please let me know.

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: Need to stop API logs
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2018 06:10 PM

Hi Praty,

It seems that your wanting to silence logs and/or audits from other services when you want to focus in on one particular service for debugging purposes - is that correct? If so, you can learn more about manipulating audits and log sinks here:  https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-3/en/security-configuration-in-policy-manager/tasks-menu-security-options/manage-log-audit-sinks

If I may, I'd suggest rather than disabling audits/logs in those scenarios that you simply put the policy itself in a debug mode, or add in additional audit points to the policy, so that you can get what you need from that policy in the audit viewer. You can even narrow it down straight to that one service in the audit viewer so that all other services are removed from the picture too without severing their audits. This should help the focus be on that one service you'd be wanting to debug in the moment.

Some other reference material:

• 3.  Re: Need to stop API logs

Posted Aug 15, 2018 04:35 AM

I agree with Dustin that stopping the logging for other services isn't really the best way to go.

Are you aware that the Audit viewer in the policy manager has options to filter based on the service? This way you will only see logging for this service while you don't have to change what is logged.