AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 14, 2018 08:00 AM

We have recently migrated form Autosys 4.5 version to R11.3.6 SP6 but now wanted to apply the new patch i.e. AE R11.3.6 SP7 as some delete function not working as expected in SP6.

Can we be able to apply the patch to both EP and Agents at the same time or can we have Newer Agent Software to be install in the client machine ?

Need to know the steps require to apply the SP7 patch in existing SP6 version.

Thanks,

Subrat 

• 2.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi Subrat,

Moving this thread into the CA Workload Automation community for visibility with our Workload Automation experts.

Regards, 

Heena

• 3.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:18 PM

Hi,

Can you specify what is the "some delete function" that does not work?

Are you sure that this missing functionality will be addressed by the application of SP7 ?

SP7 has it's own set of "speed bumps" and I am told that these will be remediated with the soon-to-be-released Incremental.

The Agents can be upgraded separately, as can be the Client software.

They are backward compatible, though you should verify this via the Compatibility Matrix.

Good Luck!

Chris <CJ>

• 4.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 15, 2018 09:57 AM

Chris has sage advice!

“SP7 has its own set of "speed bumps" and I am told that these will be remediated with the soon-to-be-released Incremental.”

I highly suggest waiting for the incremental to be released. We did not see an issue with the delete mentioned in this post, presumably because we use EEM and not super-edit user. We did, however, experience issues with scheduler failovers, agents being set to offline after the failover and scheduler hangs with heavy load-balancing in use. Perhaps for smaller job scheduling environments where the above features are not used you may be ok with it, but with the incremental around the corner why push your luck ☺

Lisa

• 5.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 14, 2018 09:25 PM

Subrat,

Are you referring to this "delete" bug addressed in 11.3.6 SP7?

USER CANNOT DELETE A JOB EVEN WHEN PERMISSIONS ARE PRESENT

Problem Number: 4689

You failed to delete a job even with proper permissions. The following error message is returned when an attempt is made to delete a job:

CAUAJM_W_10225 Only the CA WAAE EDIT superuser can set the owner.

Fixed Issues - 11.3.6 SP7 - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documentation 

Upgrade from 11.3.6 SP6 to SP7 is in-place and you need to run the 11.3.6 SP7 installer to perform the upgrade.

Cheers,

Chandru

• 6.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 16, 2018 02:07 AM

You are right Chandru. I wanted to know if we need to upgrade the Agent that installed in application server only or need to upgrade the master autosys server (EP) as swell ?

If yes, shall  we be able to apply the patch to both EP and Agents at the same time ?

Can you please provide the link where i can find the steps to upgrade from SP6 to SP7.

Thanks,

Subrat

• 7.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Aug 18, 2018 08:40 PM

11.3.6 SP7 installer will upgrade the System Agent on the Scheduler/Application server host as part of the upgrade. As for other System Agents (remote hosts) in the environment, they can be upgraded later.

You need to download the 11.3.6 SP7 installer image from CA Support Online, Download Management and run the installer to upgrade (Strongly recommend that you perform the upgrade on a sanbox environment first).

• 8.  Re: About CA Workload Automation AE R11.3.6 SP7 patch

Posted Sep 01, 2018 10:43 PM

Hi Subrat,

Can you mark the most appropriate response as correct/answer, if you have received the information you were after?

Thanks,

Chandru