Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot Process/Route a Request to Gateway Due to Error in Assertion Processing

• 1.  Cannot Process/Route a Request to Gateway Due to Error in Assertion Processing

Posted 09-19-2018 09:08 AM

Hi, I had recently installed and configured my gateway and Policy Manager. However, while I am browsing for a testing WSDL to utilize on SOAPUI - I come across an error. Even if I try to run a request on SOAPUI to the endpoint of my gateway, the response latency is slow as well as an error appears stating "Error in Processing Assertion." What does this mean? How can this be fixed? Through the Policy Manager or is it a Gateway configuration issue? The API/WSDL itself is working corrected when routed to its URL but for some reason when I try to route it to my gateway prior to getting a response, I receive that error message.

I keep getting this error message when I direct this request to my gateway:
    <l7:policyResult status="Error in Assertion Processing" xmlns:l7="http://www.layer7tech.com/ws/policy/fault"/>

• 2.  Re: Cannot Process/Route a Request to Gateway Due to Error in Assertion Processing

Posted 09-19-2018 09:19 AM

tkongpachith

This is a general error, that could be caused by anything in the policy.

You might want to check your Gateway Audit Events (View Gateway Audit Events - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ) or use the Service Debugger (Working with the Service Debugger - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ) to find more detailed information on what is the cause.