DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Wily Data Extraction using Python

Posted Oct 23, 2018 04:07 PM

Team,

Anyone used Python Script to extract Wily Data (postgres) ?

I have used R-Script where I used IntroscopeJDBC.jar file with RJDBC package for data extraction.

But did anyone tried extracting using Python? [not via WSDL or webservice]

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 2.  Re: Wily Data Extraction using Python
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi Vaibhav:

There seem to be many data libraries that can do this such as below. The old CEM PS scripts used to do this using eGenix.com: Products: Python: mxODBC - Python ODBC Database Interface 

How to Connect to ODBC Data Sources with Python and pyodbc 

So it can and has been done.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Wily Data Extraction using Python

Posted Oct 24, 2018 12:27 AM

Thanks Hal.

Actually these are generic ways where we need define dbname, host etc where I don't know what is the dbname of postgres db etc 

Secondly, it doesn't allow me to specify introscopejdbc.jar and define class name for connection string.

And the last - instead of odbc I was preferring jdbc type of driver to be used (so that we don't have to define the TSN entries at system level dependency)

If anyone has done it ...please help to share how he/she made the connection.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Vaibhav

• 4.  Re: Wily Data Extraction using Python

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 10:02 AM

Dear Vaibhav:

These parameters are the same ones that you set when creating an APM database. 

• database_name
      Specifies the database instance name. If you are using PostgreSQL and you did not change the default, set this argument to cemdb. If you are using Oracle, set this argument to the Oracle system identifier (SID).

I am pulling this from Manage the APM Database - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hal

• 5.  Re: Wily Data Extraction using Python

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 10:24 AM

Dear Community:

Can you help Vaibhav?

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: Wily Data Extraction using Python

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:57 PM

Hi Vaibhav,

Sorry I am bit confused. 

IntroscopeJDBC.jar is used to access data from the APM SmartStor and load into an RDBMS but you now want to access data from the the Postgres APM DB - is that correct?

Have you thought about the APMSQL API, or does that not give you the data you need?

APMSQL Cookbook - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks

Lynn