Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

iPhone emoji not working?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-09-2018 04:15 PM
      |   view attached

iPhone app.  Someone posts something.  When looking at their message at the end of their message there is picture of a smiley face with a small plus sign on the top-right of the face.  This implies to me that I can tap on that and add an emoji response to their message just like the desktop app does. Yet when I tap on it it just does nothing.  Bug or am I using it wrong or interpreting what it's supposed to be doing wrong?  There' nothing in the App Store preview and literally no help that I can find (why is that?).

• 2.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-10-2018 01:10 AM

Hello Kim,

Thank you for contacting CA Flowdock Support . It indeed doesn't bring a list on iPhone Flowdock app with the emojis you could choose from - since that's how I see it on my Android Flowdock app . It sounds like a bug to me so what I will do is I will open a case for you and continue researching on this topic . 

Kind Regards,

Piotr

• 3.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-10-2018 04:29 PM

Thank you Piotr.  Are you able to share the bug case?  Is that something we can track?  I really struggle with the CA community pages, they don't make sense to me and I can't figure out how to navigate them successfully, so if you're able to post link to bug here I would very much appreciate it.

• 4.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-13-2018 04:15 AM

Kim,

I've created a case and a defect for you at 10th of August and further communication and updates will follow via the case. Please let me know if you've received an email I'd sent about the creation of the defect so then we'll make sure you will receive following updates in good order. Thank you and have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Piotr

• 5.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-13-2018 01:40 PM

Yes, thank you!

• 6.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-16-2018 05:13 AM

Hi Kim,

The emojis on iOS show up when you do a 3D touch, i.e. you would have to press and hold on the emoji icon (smiley face) for a tad longer for the emoji lists to show up. I know this is not very intuitive, so we are working on improving the experience to a tap rather than a 3D touch one to launch the emoji set. However till we get to it, please tap the icon a bit longer and you should see the emojis.

Hope this helps!

CC: KimAbbott1357028, wojpi01

Regards,

Dheeraj Pershad

Principal Product Manager - Flowdock

• 7.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-20-2018 04:13 PM

So this may be a terminology thing, but on my iPhone 7, it has a pressure sensitive screen (not available on 6 and prior).  That means to press, not a touch and hold.  I.e. there are two levels of touch, regular touch, and press.  The press function does work, so I can use it on my iPhone 7 that way, so thanks (not sure how that may affect use on my Android phone though)!!

• 8.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 08-21-2018 03:41 AM

Glad that it worked for you and thanks for clarifying the terminology. Regarding your question on Android, you just need to do a long press on the message and you would start seeing the "Add Emoji Reaction" option along with other options that are available for you on any message on Flows/ 1-1s

Regards,

Dheeraj Pershad

Principal Product Manager - Flowdock

• 9.  Re: iPhone emoji not working?

Posted 09-26-2018 10:04 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.