We have encountered an issue when we use GMU to generate deliverables from Development to Production environment. Below is the sequence or chronology of steps which we have followed.
1. using manageout we have generated the bundle from development machine
2. We have created mappings for production by using below command
GatewayMigrationUtility.bat manageMappings -z commonarguments.properties --bundle Bundle/IAMDevelopment/DEV_IM.xml --type "SERVICE, POLICY, FOLDER" --action NewOrUpdate —outputFile Bundle/outputMappings.xml
3. Then tested the migratein and it was successful
GatewayMigrationUtility.bat migrateIn -z commonarguments.properties -b Bundle/IAMDevelopment/DEV_IM.xml -map Bundle/outputMappings.xml --destFolder "Portal APIs/ APIs/DEV/IM" --test
4. After success full test, initiated the deployment and it was successful
5. We verified the Policy Manager and all services were deployed. However after couple of minutes later gateway admin forcefully deleted them with unknown reason (refer attached screenshot). These services are integrated with API Portal.
Could you please provide a way to fix this issue?
It seems your DEV and PROD have different portal.
The portal sync tasks running on the enrolled gateway will delete those portal entities which are not in the portal (migrated from your dev env)
Thank you for the prompt response. Have further question too. If Development environment has API portal integrate with gateway how are we going to export services to production environment and after import it shouldn't delete by Production API portal?
If we use GMU for export bundle from Development environment, it is not right way of doing it seems when gateway is enrolled with API portal. If possible could you please shed some thoughts.
I don't think we currently have tool to migrate entities between 2 portal, please open an idea ticket.
As a work around, I'm thinking, maybe, change the portal published APIs to gateway published APIs could be good for migration.