Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I unlock a users account?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How do I unlock a users account?

Posted 10-19-2018 11:15 AM

Hello,

I have a user that is continuing to get locked out of her account even after clearing her credential manager, browsers cache, restarting her computer, and resetting her password.

Is there any way for me to unlock a users account?

Thank you,

Eric

• 2.  Re: How do I unlock a users account?

Posted 10-19-2018 01:25 PM

Hi Eric.

Short answer is: "No". There isn't a way to unlock a user who is locked out. Locks are based on your subscription's password policy. Usually users will be locked out after a number of unsuccessful login attempts, usually for 30 or 60 mins. But, again, this is defined by your Subscription Administrator.

This user probably keeps failing to login which is why she keeps getting locked. If you'd like you can open a support case and we'll help you.

What you should do is try to isolate the issue:

- First, understand if your subscription requires login by a Rally username, a SSO username or both allowed. 

- Then, learn if the user is set up to receive email communications, have them do Forgot Password and reset their password. 

- Then, make sure they are not locked out (so enough time passed) and have them try again.

You may have already done all of that, but that would be the logical order to work this out. If you'd like us to help more then please open a support case and we'll help.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: How do I unlock a users account?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-19-2018 02:39 PM

Hello,

We have a standard license so there is not Rally or SSO Setup. The username and password are created with Flowdock.

I worked with the user to reset their password, and found out the main issue was that their password wasn’t meeting the minimal criteria of 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, and one number. However once they are logged in they keep getting logged off now for some reason.

I’ve now suggested getting the install of Flowdock to see if that helps. I’ll keep you updated, but please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,

Eric Rhine

SharePoint Administrator