DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Java 11 Support in APM

Posted Sep 28, 2018 09:48 AM

Are there plans/timelines to support Java 11, with Oracle having finalized it a few days ago? 

My company is looking to start developing with this shortly, and wanted to verify support with APM for Java 11, before approving development.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 12:35 PM

I asked internally for Product Management to respond. No guarantee you will get a response. But in the right place for viewing :-) 

• 3.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Posted Oct 05, 2018 05:34 PM

Hello,

IBM ship a Java 11 also, in Q4 2018.

Unfortunately, the CA APM support for IBM Java is stripped-down comparing to the Oracle Java support (based on Java 8), today.

With regards,

Lutz

• 4.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 11:27 AM

Dear Josh:

Sorry for the late reply. 

So I discussed with PM and here is the essence.

1) Applications :

If your application is non-modular and looking for only compatibility support i.e. apps running on JRE 7, 8 on JVM 11 that should work today. But full compatibility with Java 11 may take longer. This seems to be your focus. 

2) APM EM ships with Java as Lutz mentioned. So in theory, you shouldn't be concerned about this.

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Posted Nov 09, 2018 07:50 AM

Any new developments on this?  Java 11 was released 1.5 months ago.  Is there a timeline for CA support?

-Josh

• 6.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 08:01 AM

Dear Josh:

I gave you the above response from product management. That is the best details for now. Please submit an idea if you have not already. Please bring this up with your account team or product management when APM roadmap sessions resume.

• 7.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Posted Dec 05, 2018 08:03 AM

hi,

any official update about java 11 support please (as it's again a month later now and couldnt find any other info about it + the roadmap session is canceled as well)?

thank you,

stefan

• 8.  Re: Java 11 Support in APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2018 10:13 AM

Dear Stefan:

From my above note.. 

If your application is non-modular and looking for only compatibility support i.e. apps running on JRE 7, 8 on JVM 11 that should work today.

I am not sure if an idea was submitteds on this. That is the official way to get PM's consideration

Hal German