Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Replacing OSB with CA API gateway

Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:08 AM

Hi Team,

Just need some suggestions related to OSB replacement with CA gateway.One of our client has siebel as a backend application where all the services are exposed as web services.CA API Gateway is talking to Siebel via OSB.In CA API Gateway we are offloading SSL and converting Rest to SOAP and forwarding it to Siebel via OSB.So we observed that here OSB is just doing the request validation and sending messages to Siebel.Now as OSB is just a passthrough my client want remove OSB layer and make CA Gateway to talk to Siebel directly.Here we have CA Gateway placed in Trusted zone.Need to understand whether there will be any issues connecting to Siebel directly with CA API Gateway.Any suggestions on this integration pattern.I am thinking for existing services in gateway if we import the siebel wsdl into gateway and create proxy for routing and validation that helps.Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 2.  Re: Replacing OSB with CA API gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2018 01:32 PM

Good morning,

From reviewing your use case, the way that OSB is being used does seem to add redundant functionality that the CA API Gateway is already providing and could be customized to do. You could approach it one of two ways it that you keep the REST front end of the Gateway and convert the requests to be supplied to Siebel or import in the WSDL (as mentioned) into the CA API gateway so that it is directly available as SOAP to your clients.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support