Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  LDAPSync with multiple domains

Posted Oct 09, 2018 02:12 PM

We are running AWA v12.1.1 on a Linux server.  We are currently authenticating users against one AD domain; we need to authenticate users from two different domains.  Is anyone else doing this and if so would you mind sharing setup/configuration settings (particularly the LDAPSync procedures)?

Thanks, Russell

• 2.  Re: LDAPSync with multiple domains
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2018 04:18 PM

Hi Russell,

I am not sure if you were able to find what you were looking for already.  But regarding your question for my test system, I got it setup with two key thing.

1) Set up the AWA ldap so that it work with for both of your domain

2) For the Ldapsync - What I ended up doing was having two set of the LDAPSYNC binary files/folder...

• ldapsync binary set A - The configuration just to point to the LDAP domain A...
    • ldapsync binary set B - The configuration just to point to the LDAP domain B

I find this the easiest way, as I keep two different configuration files/binary for the different domain and can configure them desperately..  As within the AWA you just need to set up another job to run the new binary file every X often and it will go out and check for any user in the new ldap that match your new setting...

So on the system you might see user object such as   examplename/DomainA  or examplename/DomainB  (image those domainA & B as your actually company AD domain).

Edit:
    If anyone else on the community is running multiple AD domain with LDAPSYNC - Mind chiming on this topic if you are doing anything differently or want to expand onto anything I have mentioned?

• 3.  Re: LDAPSync with multiple domains

Posted Oct 30, 2018 04:30 PM

Hi RussellCouch604544 

Were you able to get it setup/working with the two domain?

• 4.  Re: LDAPSync with multiple domains

Posted Oct 31, 2018 10:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

Yes we were able to get LDAPSync working with both domains.  We were hoping to accomplish this without maintaining two separate groups, unfortunately that did not work.  If we use the same group name, the second run of LDAPSync removed the users from the first run, and vise-versa.

So we just added the domain name to the end of the AE group name.

Thanks for your help.

Russell Couch

Global Workload Automation Engineer | Global IT Production Operations

(w) 817-525-7998

4001 Embarcadero Dr.

Arlington, TX 76014