Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 10, 2018 07:29 AM

We got a lot of WARN Exceptions in the awi tomcat-logfile (tomcat/logs) like this:

2018-08-16 09:33:58,244 http-apr-8080-exec-37 [WARN ] NOSESSION/- NOUI   [ork.entrypoint.servlet.ECCServletService] - 13,604s/13,604s [Request: GET /PUSH]

java.lang.RuntimeException: This took too Long.

These exceptions appear very often.

According to the dev department of CA the message can be ignored.

The messages can safely be ignored.

If tomcat 7 is in use as a workaround customer could use the latest Tomcat 7, where the messages should appear not this often.

Is there a way to stop the logging of These exceptions?

• 2.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 12, 2018 03:51 PM

Hi MarkusJurchen607204,

There isn't a setting to my knowledge that just target that specific warning message.  The logs level tend to target anomaly as a whole... depending on your logging level more or less amount of info on critical/non-critical message will show up...

What version of the AWI are you currently on? Out of curiosity in your awi... logback.xml what is your log level set too? Is it: DEBUG, INFO, WARN etc..?  Reference: Logging in AWI

• 3.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 20, 2018 10:03 AM

which loglevel can I change to stop this logging?
    here are the Setting of our logback.XML:

<root level="INFO">
                    <appender-ref ref="LOGGER" />
            </root>

<logger name="com.automic.apm" level="WARN" additivity="false">
                    <appender-ref ref="LOGGER"/>
            </logger>

<logger name="com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.VaadinSessionLockUtil" level="DEBUG" additivity="false">
                <appender-ref ref="LOGGER" />
            </logger>

• 4.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 21, 2018 03:06 AM

Look like you are on the setting which would write the minimal logging info, I checked my own test system and unfortunately the WARN message does still show up with INFO, though the content is a lot less then the other settings.  It look like it will show WARN message for anything that isn't behavior 'properly' (with certain debug level having lots more content/info).  I'll check with the support folks over here tomorrow and see if anyone over here know if of any one off or trick for this (or if any of the other setting within the logback could be change - though I would image that open up another can of worm)..

Michael_Lowry - I know you had reported this error before.  Did you ended up just ignoring it? Or done anything to reduce it occurrence?

• 5.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 24, 2018 03:34 AM

I believe the answer I got from CA Support was that the warnings would be removed from a future AWI release.

• 6.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Sep 24, 2018 02:04 PM

Hey MarkusJurchen607204,

I tried the logging option again today and gave the ERROR option another test run.... and it look like its only showing ERROR message tag in the log and while not reporting on the rest. (guessing last week, when I had the numerous restarted during the various parameter changes...that ERROR option it didn't take effect).   Though, with this options I don't recommend it as it will omit lots of network connections, timeout,other triggers, global configuration changes or startup info etc.....and the error message itself will have a full stack trace... though will a lots of the other information missing from the logs, it may be hard when you contact support.

With future version of the AWI this warning should be reduced/removed.  Though for the current version, other customer I have seen have upgraded to a higher version of the Apache tomcat 7 which had reduce there volume of those message they seen.

• 7.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Jan 31, 2019 02:22 PM

it doesn't appear that later version of the api they took out these warn messages...

I'm running with the latest awi (12.2.1.HF02) with tomcat8 but still getting A LOT of these warning messages...

Did anybody figure out a way to turn them off?   I currently have

root level="INFO" set .... thanks...

• 8.  Re: AWI - a lot of WARN Exceptions

Posted Jan 31, 2019 02:39 PM

The errors are very annoying, the logs get huge so its hard so look for actual errors.

12.2.0HF1.