Symantec IGA

• 1.  Ingress datasource test successful in JBoss but sql query not working in Policy Xpress

Posted Aug 23, 2018 10:16 AM

I have set a datasource in Jboss for Ingres connectivity and the test is successful but  sql query in the Policy Xpress does not work with the following error:  Invalid procedure call syntax

this is my datasource:

<datasource jndi-name="java:/ingresDS" pool-name="ingresDS">
         <driver-class>com.ingres.jdbc.IngresDriver</driver-class>
         <connection-url>jdbc:ingres://192.168.0.114:II7/demodb</connection-url>
         <driver>iijdbc.jar</driver>
          <pool>
           <prefill>false</prefill>
           <use-strict-min>false</use-strict-min>
           <flush-strategy>FailingConnectionOnly</flush-strategy>
          </pool>
          <security>
           <user-name>ingres</user-name>
           <password>Servicios01</password>
          </security>
         </datasource>

Driver definition:

<driver name="iijdbc.jar" module="com.ca.iam.jdbc.ingres">
          <xa-datasource-class>com.ingres.jdbc.IngresXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
         </driver>

Jboss connection test:

• 2.  Re: Ingress datasource test successful in JBoss but sql query not working in Policy Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 07:57 AM

Hi Varelafpy,

First point, SELECT statements are not really expected into the Action Rules tab as a result set is generated for update.
    Try the test from the data tab.

Afaik "date" is a SQL built-in function for Ingres, so the query appears to me as valid.

If you did not already do then check that "select date('Now')" query works fine from the native Ingres interactive SQL console, connected to your database.

Please also test "select date('now')" instead of "select date('Now')".

Going further will imply for me that I get an Ingres server to test.

Regards,

Philippe.

• 3.  Re: Ingress datasource test successful in JBoss but sql query not working in Policy Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 11:48 AM

Hi Felix,

Did the information Philippe provide answer your question?  Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Ingress datasource test successful in JBoss but sql query not working in Policy Xpress
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2018 12:26 PM

Hi Scott,

About Philippe's help, we tried the changes he suggested like select date("now") instead of ("Now") and we also tested with update statements but to no avail, nothing seemed to work, running directly as SQL query through PX does NOT work for us.

So we had to make a java program and run it as an External java code, now the queries executes without any problems

Thanks for the help though.

Regards,

Felix