Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

• 1.  Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-01-2018 10:31 AM

I am currently hitting the following endpoint:

/flows/:organization/:flow

The proper JSON format gets returned, but the values for last_activity and last_ping are 0.

I've also tried interacting with this API using the NodeJS Flowdock Library. Again, the keys are present in the JSON, but the values are 0.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-01-2018 05:38 PM

Hi Jackson,

So I don't see a "Last Activity" and "Last Ping" fields returned in the JSON for the endpoint such as the endpoint you are using. Can you please include a similar screen shot, preferably with the full URL you're calling where you see it?

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-02-2018 10:44 AM

Sagi,

Take a look at the users. Each user has a last_ping and last_activity key.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-02-2018 11:10 AM

Hi Jackson,

Below is a GET request to the users of a flow. (flows/<org_name>/<flow_name>/users). You can see the JSON below. I can't see a Last Ping or Last Activity.

I'll appreciate if you can get us the full details of how you get it. What is your full query, what is your fully returned JSON.

Thank you,

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-05-2018 01:20 AM

Sagi,

Remove the /users at the end. Then, take a look at the `users` key.

There you can see last_activity and last_ping.

• 6.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-06-2018 03:10 PM

Thanks Jackson for clarifying.

Yes, I can now get that too, see my screenshot below.

So, these two fields (last_activity and last_ping) are not in-use. If they were then they should've been part of the user definition itself, so when you click on the website of this user or just locate them by their id then you shall get to a screenshot as the one I previously sent where these two fields are missing.

I wonder why the website field for the user that you just demonstrated is 'null'. Anyways, you can find the direct definition for that user and I'm suspecting that there you will not see the last_activity and last_ping.

So, all in all, I believe these fields are not in-use, perhaps place holders for future use or so.

Sagi

• 7.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-06-2018 03:13 PM

Sagi,

Take a look at the docs:

Flows | Flowdock API 

It shows that those keys should be present. In the example, they are non-zero integers. Why would these values get removed?

If this feature is removed, then how would I detect user activity? How can I detect if someone is online? Active? Logged out?

The API should provide the current state of the user. I shouldn't have to wait for an "activity.user" message to come through to populate these values.

Thanks,

Jackson

• 8.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-06-2018 03:20 PM

Hi Jackson,

Can you see if that will help (the “activity.user” event):

https://www.flowdock.com/api/message-types#/activity-user

Let me know if that helped you.

Also, what are you actually trying to find, are you trying to find when was the last message that a user sent to the flow (excluding 1-1 conversations and also excluding if they were on flowdock but simply not active)?

Sagi

• 9.  Re: Flowdock /flows/:organization/:flow returning 0 for last_activity and last_ping

Posted 08-06-2018 03:21 PM

Take a look at my above comment! I've added more context.