Service Virtualization

• 1.  can we change the step name in ITR

Posted Aug 11, 2018 08:58 AM

Is it possible to parametrize the step name to a property so that the step name changes every time it executes in a single ITR.

I have an application test which have totally 3 steps out of which one step is looped and executing 5 times, I want to have a different step name in each time it executes.

For ex. Search 1, Search 2, Search 3 etc.

Can anyone help me on this ? Is it possible to do so ?

----

Kailash Jat

• 2.  Re: can we change the step name in ITR
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:05 AM

Hi,

I do not think that the current DevTest versions include the feature that you described.
    If you need this kind of feature, then it is better to create an idea in this community as a feature enhancement request and describe the feautre in detail that you want.

Thank you,

• 3.  Re: can we change the step name in ITR

Posted Aug 14, 2018 06:05 AM

change the step name in ITR 

Please vote up on above idea if you feel it should be available in next release. Thanks All.

• 4.  Re: can we change the step name in ITR

Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:08 PM

The only caveat is that one needs to be careful.  Other steps may contain a "GO TO" branch. Internally, this branch is identified by the step name so that Test Exec can locate the step and execute its 'execute' method. Changing the name of the step has sweeping affect in that all references to the name need to be adjusted.  Additionally, what should the name of the test step be at the conclusion of a run? Does it revert to the original name or does it retain the name last used? All of this must be considered as the step names are stored in the test case when they are at rest on the file system, assets inside MAR files, etc.