Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Jul 28, 2017 02:33 AM
    Hello,

I have 1 workflow, inside that workflow, we have 5 objects in consecutive order.
    For example, Start --> job1 --> job2 --> job3 --> end

If the workflow fails at job2,  I only want to rerun the workflow at the point of job2, not rerun whole the workflow from the starting point.

Is it possible if I only click on job2 and select execute? this action means that after getting job2 executed, the remaining jobs will be run after it automatically? Or this action just run job2 only?

Phat

• 2.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Jul 28, 2017 04:58 AM
    Hi, 

You can easily test it, with severals JOBS "test" in a WORKFLOW.
    If you click "Restart" on the job2, the job2 will be executed, and if success, the job3 will be executed too. The job1 will not be executed because he is before the job2 in your workflow

If you want to execute only the job2, search it in the explorer, right click, then "Execute".

Séb

• 3.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Jul 30, 2017 11:50 PM
    make sure dependency at job3 is set as block when job 2 fails so when job 2 is restarted then successors will continue automatically.

• 4.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 01, 2017 05:10 AM
    VidyaPraveenBatchu605049
    what does it mean block in this case?

• 5.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 01, 2017 05:47 AM

Its on the task properties under workflow dependency.

• 6.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 01, 2017 07:46 AM
    If I move over the cursor to job3, I can see that job2 is dependency to job3 and block is set. What does "block" mean in this situation?

• 7.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 01, 2017 08:20 AM
    "block" means it does not continue until it's unblocked. Which usually means: until interacted with by a human.

• 8.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 01, 2017 11:59 AM
    If the job2 is failed. It also caused the remaining jobs after it not starting. So in this situation, what does block mean? If I need to rerun the job2, I think block or non-block has no meaning here.

Please advise.

• 9.  action on workflow's objects

Posted Aug 05, 2017 02:40 PM
    If Job2 fails blocking means that job3 waits until your either restart Job2 (after changing something that job2will run fine) or if its a minor issue - you can unblock job2 - then job3 will start running immediately.

Intention to block in error-case is that human intervention is necessary.