Clarity

• 1.  Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 22, 2017 11:25 AM

Does anybody have a query that can be run to obtain attribute usage data?  I am interested to get data around attribute type, when it was last updated, when the fields associated with the attribute was last used.  We are doing a database cleanup and need these indicators to understand usability and what attributes can be eliminated.

• 2.  Re: Attribute usage data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 11:37 AM

Hi Sinzana:

Just to confirm you are talking about the APM Database (Postgres or Oracle) And APM Team Center (ATC) attributes?

Thanks

Hal German 

• 3.  Re: Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Hello Hal, sorry I tagged my question incorrectly.  We are looking at CA PPM application. 

• 4.  Re: Attribute usage data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Hi Sinzi:

Unfortunately there are multiple products with identical or almost identical names. This means that the APM group sometimes gets mis-posts especially for PPM and the other APM product. The community is fairly good on catching these early and move them over. Please keep in mind for future posts. That way you get the right answer from the correct experts fast.

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:27 PM

Thank you so much, Hal!  Hopefully my message is in the right place now. 

• 6.  Re: Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 22, 2017 01:09 PM

There was a recent (PPM) discussion on this sort of thing you might like to look at ;

Attribute Rationalization Process 

• 7.  Re: Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 22, 2017 01:15 PM

Hello David, I really appreciate you answering to me.  I did see this discussion, but the scripts shared here didn't work for us. 

Thank you, Sinzi

• 8.  Re: Attribute usage data

Posted Jun 23, 2017 04:44 AM

Ok well perhaps if you add to that other discussion some of the members on that thread who have been doing such things might be able to help out (or understand your "didn't work for us" comment*)?

(* - the queries in that other discussion are likely to be specific to a particular PPM instance, so I would expect that you would still need to do some work 'tweaking' them for your instance, just use them as a guide perhaps?)