Service Virtualization

• 1.  Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:21 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to create a data set of my own but i am not able to figure out exactly which methods to call and work on .

I have gone through SDK  documentation but limited information is provided for datasets.

Please share jar or details of implementation if anyone did the same .

• 2.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:41 AM

What type of dataset are you trying to create?

What version of DevTest are you on?

• 3.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:46 AM

I am using devtest 8 and looking for dataset to read specific excel row . however i am ok with any custom data set . i wan't to understand how classes and methods are being implemented. I cam through one thread below but faile dto get jar

Custom Dataset-Read Specific rows from excel file (Start Row - End Row) 

• 4.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 08:57 AM

DevTest 8.x is no longer supported.

I would review the SDK from our latest release to see if more information is provided:

Using the SDK - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Anything custom would need to be handled by Services.

Any jar to be provided would need to be attached the the Communities Post and not sent via email.

• 5.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Posted Jul 23, 2018 11:55 PM

I am disappointed and not happy with the answer . Even if 8.x is not supported a latest version information can help me . I have already gone through documentation and it doesn't leads me to my path . Unfortunately @reid nortan marked this answer as correct which will avoid commenting other members from community to post further who have or already using product 8.x

• 6.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Posted Jul 24, 2018 06:51 AM

Rahul,

Other Community Members can still respond to a DevTest Community post even after it has been marked answered. You brought up a good point though. Other Community Members might think that they cannot update an answered DevTest Community post. Therefore, I will remove the marked answered and give other Community Members the chance to respond to your posts. Thanks for being a valued Customer.

• 7.  Re: Need custom dataset jar or details - Extending Devtest

Posted Jul 24, 2018 10:14 PM

Thanks Reid