Clarity

• 1.  Mandatory Fields automatically added to Project Create Layout

Posted Nov 29, 2018 04:23 AM

Hello,

When I make one of the attributes mandatory, it is automatically getting added to project Create layout.

When I remove from the create layout and Save, it is automatically again getting added to create layout.

This attribute is already configured as non-mandatory in another sub-page. Now we want it as mandatory and when I make it as mandatory, automatically comes in the Create Layout.

As soon as i remove the Mandatory condition, it is gone from create layout.

How to solve this?

Regards,

Divya

• 2.  Re: Mandatory Fields automatically added to Project Create Layout

Posted Nov 29, 2018 04:39 AM

An "Attribute" being mandatory means that it must be provided when an instance of the project is created - this is why you see it on the project-create screen (and it would also be validated as mandatory if you  tried to create a project through XOG).

If you want a field to be required on a data-entry screen, then you need to set the Views-[Field] settings for the on-screen field, specifically the "Value Required" flag - that only applies to the on-screen field if it is displayed on screen and does not affect the underlying attribute.

• 3.  Re: Mandatory Fields automatically added to Project Create Layout

Posted Nov 29, 2018 06:44 AM

Hi David,

I tried that option. Out of two attributes, one attribute still come up in the create layout.

Is there anything else I need to check.

Regards,

Divya

• 4.  Re: Mandatory Fields automatically added to Project Create Layout

Posted Nov 29, 2018 06:56 AM

You need to remove mandatory at attribute level