Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Stuck workflow job.

Posted Jun 26, 2018 06:13 AM

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced issues in pre or post processing getting stuck in a work flow where the job or jobs i te workflow have been set to condition ENDED_EMPTY  (due to job run yes/no logic).

It has happened on a few occasions and dose not always occur. Ever now and then the workflow is stuck in post or pre processing and the end task sits waiting for predecessor.

Dose anyone have an knowledge of this or should the job(s) have some setting, other than ANY_OK and block in the Time & dependencies tab in the workflow 

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  Re: Stuck workflow job.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 12:13 AM

Hi Chris,

Could you please give more detail on the issue?

Some screenshots or detail of script in process tab would be better to understand the issue.

Best,

Hoai

• 3.  Re: Stuck workflow job.

Posted Jul 05, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi Sorry for the delayed reply;

There is a  main workflow that calls sud-workflows these can run in parallel.

The below is the sub-workflow. The JOBS has an include job in the pre-processing that set a :STOP NOMSG, 50 , "MESSAGE STOP". This will stop the processing of the object and setit to ended_empty.

The workflow status seems to stay in checking post processing  and dose not continue this dose not happen all the time only on odd occasions. The end status sits waiting for predecessor and the sub-workflow never completes without help to move the status on and get the master workflow running again. Not sure why this would work most of the time but on rare occasions stop in the way.

Thanks for any help or advice you are able to give me. Also Automic Version 12.1.2 is being used and been seen also in version 12.0.0.

Regards

Chris

• 4.  Re: Stuck workflow job.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 02:45 AM

hi Chris, 

Generally, if one task is in "waiting for predecessor" means the status of predecessor is still not meet expectation.

It's hard to say what is the root cause of your issue with the provided information.

I recommend to open a ticket with support next time issue happens.

Then detail of JOBS, JOBF (export xml of the objects), job reports and CP/WP logs will be needed to analyze the issue.

I found a KE, where you can find a scenario of jobf stuck in Waiting for predecessor:

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/END-of-Workflow-remains-in-Waiting-for-predecessor-status/KB000087827

Hope this helps!

Hoai

• 5.  Re: Stuck workflow job.

Posted Jul 06, 2018 03:40 AM

Hi, 

Also just to add the WP and CP process were not checked at the time to see if these were all running currently. So I have no idea if there was any dropped connection the stopped the above processing. Is there a way to check event logs to see if this happened at the time the processing became stuck?

Thanks

Chris