Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Jump to Best Answer

leima0807-24-2018 08:44 AM

• 1.  Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-17-2018 11:26 AM

I am on a Windows 10 machine and trying to login to the Flowdock app using the "Login with CA Agile" option. After I select this option to login with, I am sent to a blank page.  In Flowdock's dev tools console, I am getting the following error: "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH".  It seems "loader.js" fails to load userstyles.css but also fails to redirect to the CA Agile login (I can provide the redirect url if needed).  If I paste this url into a browser I can continue and login to the web version of Flowdock no problem. I tried the Flowdock app on a MacBook Pro and my iPhone and was able to login there... issue seems to be isolated to the Windows Flowdock app for me.

I should note, the Windows Flowdock app was working fine for me prior to today.... I noticed this when setting up a new Windows 10 machine. So at one point, I had flowdock working on my old Windows 10 machine but not the new one.  After revoking some sessions from my Rally profile page, now both Windows 10 machines fail to login. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times and cant really think of any environment or network changes that would have come into play. I've worked with our internal IT staff and we are at a loss.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-17-2018 02:25 PM

Hi Dale,

Please see this page: How to Fix ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH 

It lists a number of checks that I recommend you try. Specifically, notice it mentions TLS version. Since yesterday we changed our TLS to support 1.2 (1.0 and 1.1 no longer supported since yesterday) then it's a more natural suspect, so please examine that.

Also, I did find other results in Google that suggest you may want to clear your full browser's history and try incognito.

Please let us know if any of that helped.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-18-2018 02:27 PM

Sagi_Gabay Thank you, but it doesn't seem to be a problem with our environment.

I created a brand new Windows 10 VM (build 1709) in a cloud environment, downloaded the Flowdock desktop application for Windows, and when I click on "Log in using CA Agile Central," I receive a blank, white screen.

Opening the developer tools, the console reads https://rally1.rallydev.com/login/oauth2/auth?client_id=flowdock... Failed to load resource:  net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Looking at network traffic for the request to rally1.rallydev.com shows that the Version header of the SSL handshake contains a value of 3.2 (TLS 1.1).  When that fails, it then attempts to make the request using a Version of 3.1 (TLS 1.0).  Since both TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.0 have been disabled and only TLS 1.2 is supported, it appears that the Flowdock application for Windows can no longer log in using CA Agile Central credentials.

• 4.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 04:49 PM

Thanks for the reply Sagi_Gabay, appreciate it. jamie.klauser and I are still down.

• 5.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 09:00 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting a blank screen after selecting "Login using CA Agile Central" on the desktop app.  A colleague of mine is experiencing the same thing as well.

• 6.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 09:19 AM

Katy,

If you login via a browser, does it work for you?

Michael

• 7.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 09:24 AM

Yeah, the Web version is fine.  It's just the desktop app that isn't working anymore.  I always preferred using the desktop app over the Web.

• 8.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 09:32 AM

Katy,

OK, thank you for the confirmation.  Sent all the information to the Flowdock Engineers to look into the Windows App.

Michael

• 9.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-19-2018 04:57 PM

Please keep us posted, Thanks.

• 10.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-20-2018 08:12 AM

Dale, Katy and Jamie,

Yes, we will keep you posted on this issue.

Michael

• 11.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 09-06-2018 01:04 PM

Any updates on this issue?  This has been broken for nearly 2 months.

• 12.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 07-24-2018 08:44 AM

Hi all,

I have the same issue:

• 13.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in
    Best Answer

Posted 07-25-2018 05:31 AM

We have an open Defect with the Flowdock Engineering Team on this issue.  I do not have a timeframe as of yet for when this issue will be addressed.  The workaround for now is to use the browser based version of Flowdock and login the same way at https://www.flowdock.com.

We'll update here when we have more information about this issue.

Michael

• 14.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 08-07-2018 11:22 AM

Is there any update on this issue? I'm continuing to see this error message when trying to connect to flowdock.

• 15.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 08-30-2018 05:14 PM

Sagi_Gabay or bulmi01 , could you please provide an update on the status of the fix for this?  If the cause of the issue is a production change that was made on 7/16, this seems like a long time for implementation issues to not be addressed.  

• 16.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 08-27-2018 10:32 AM

Hi

I also have a user on windows 10 wiht the same blank page when using the app - browser works fine - do you have any update on this?

Thanks

Lesley

• 17.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 09-12-2018 10:42 AM

Any update on this at all? It's ridiculous that it has been nearly 2 months without any update. How hard is it to fix this issue?

• 18.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 09-13-2018 03:48 AM

The Flowdock Engineering Team is currently working on the fix for this issue.  There have been some issues with upgrading the components introducing some other regressions in the app.

Michael

• 19.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 09-14-2018 04:49 PM

Is there an ETA on this at this time?

• 20.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 09-13-2018 11:41 AM

Thanks, Michael.  Adding details around where the team is at lets people know that the issue is actively being worked. 

• 21.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 10-03-2018 03:52 PM

FYI - I installed the latest windows setup today which resolves this issue.

• 22.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 10-04-2018 06:22 AM

usualjules ILK bhiltbrand lesley.morris leima08 stephen.hill KDMcD jamie.klauser

The new Windows App has been released that addresses this issue.

CA Flowdock Windows Desktop App v1.0.3 Released 

Thank you for you patience as the team worked to fix the login.

Michael

• 23.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 10-04-2018 07:15 AM

This is great news!  Thanks for keeping us regularly updated, Michael.

• 24.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 10-04-2018 09:26 AM

That fixes my issue.  Thank you for letting us know!

• 25.  Re: Windows Flowdock app fails to sign-in

Posted 10-04-2018 02:13 PM

So something to note.  I have previously pinned FD to my Taskbar, but this new app creates a brand new Icon so have to unpin previous and pin the new.