DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:01 AM

Hi All,

We have a Dashboard that was created in UMP with Dashboard designer. It was configured to be viewed by our support center staff on a Vidwall.  It has nice little gauge widgets and took a while to build. But we have noticed that when left up for display it will update fine for a while, but then it will just stop updating.  We cant identify when or how long it has sat idle in the meantime the data being displayed is old and out of date. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so how do you resolve it so it updates without periodically stopping?

Thanks In Advance

• 2.  Re: Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:43 AM

I would raise a case with support as, needless to say, you shouldn't have this problem.

Many years ago when I had similar issues we would put a timestamp on the dashboard (display a query to the database) to show the last update time - at least you knew when there was a problem.

I haven't heard of this sort of problem with UMP for quite a few years so hopefully it's something local to your setup which can be fixed quickly.

• 3.  Re: Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:48 AM

Hi Rowan,

Is there a doc or something you can share to give us an example of how to do the time stamp?  It would help to lets us know when the failing is occurring. I am assuming the last timestamp would show when it stopped? Correct?

Patrick

• 4.  Re: Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2018 10:56 AM

Just put a text object in the dashboard and select the Date type and then the current datetime.

This will show a clock on your dashboard with seconds and I presume if the dashboard stops updating then the clock will stop.

Might not work if the problem is with a specific widget rather than the whole dashboard.

• 5.  Re: Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

• 6.  Re: Dashboards created with Dasboard Designer stall

Posted Sep 07, 2018 05:12 AM

Hi pmurt ,

Any update on this issue? Did the links shared above help you to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Octavie