Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Posted Sep 15, 2017 03:12 AM

While publishing a service in CA developer portal,I am trying to upload a swagger 2 json but the developer version which we use is 3 and it has options only to upload WADL or RAML,So is there any other approach to use swagger 2 json.

• 2.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 02:16 PM

API Portal 3.5 only supports WADL and RAML files. But swagger files can
    be formatted in WADL (there are even conversion utilities) which the API
    Portal will then use the Converted wadl.
    * Special note some of the conversion utilities create broken
    references/tags which will cause issues for the PORTAL so you may need to
    find the best utility for your documentation or fix formatting.

Api Portal supports swagger out of the box,

Publish APIs - CA API Developer Portal - 4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

"We recommend that you upload a well-crafted WADL .xml or Swagger 2.x .json file"

• 3.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 02:17 PM

Sorry you can change above 

API Portal Supports swagger out of the box

to Portal EE 4.x supports swagger out of the box

• 4.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Posted Sep 18, 2017 05:33 AM

Thanks for the reply. Is there any conversion utility as far as I searched ,I was able to find a utility known as APIMATIC but that is risky,it sent the file to its server to convert from swagger 2 to WADL. Do you know any conversion utility to convert swagger 2 to WADL?

• 5.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 26, 2017 06:06 AM

Hi Navapradha,

Yes, you can convert your swagger JSON file into wadl file.

There are an API Testing tool knowns as soap UI in which you can upload ur swagger file and export a WADL out of it.

Go to SOAP UI and create an empty project then right click on the project and click import swagger.

After importing swagger file there will be autogenerated operations of your service.

Just again right click ur project and click on export wadl.

This is how you can get your wadl file.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Irfan

• 6.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Posted Oct 06, 2017 06:25 AM

Currently we have stared to publish the services in Developer Portal 3, So is there a way to  portal upgrade solution without rebuilding our instances Since we already started publishing the instances it will be risk now to upgrade another version,which might result in defects.

So is there a way to  portal upgrade solution without rebuilding our instances.

• 7.  Re: Upload swagger 2 json doc in ca dveloper portal 3

Posted Oct 06, 2017 06:27 AM

Currently we have stared to publish the services in Developer Portal 3, So is there a way to  portal upgrade solution without rebuilding our instances Since we already started publishing the instances it will be risk now to upgrade another version,which might result in defects.

So is there a way to  portal upgrade solution without rebuilding our instances.