Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Test Data - LISA Workstation

• 1.  Test Data - LISA Workstation

Posted 06-29-2018 01:38 AM
      |   view attached

I have created Test Data using Work station. I have used Xpath filter & Assertion(Ensure Properties are equal) for this. Now I am able to get teh response from Excel sheet as desired.

But problem is If I give any other input(Request field value) which is not available in Excel, It is not getting Meta response. It keep on searching excel and this make STUB to be unresponsive. 

Can you help me with Match script or any other method to overcome this?

Model Attached: I have used filter in Lister step

• 2.  Re: Test Data - LISA Workstation

Posted 06-29-2018 10:31 AM

Hello Kalaikkumaran,

I am wondering if Data-Driven Virtual Services would help you with this.

Here is the documentation for Data-Driven VSMs:

Create Data-Driven Virtual Services - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Examples of Data-Driven Virtual Services - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Data-driven virtual services let you use an external data set as a source of request arguments and response data.

Hope it helps,

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Test Data - LISA Workstation

Posted 06-29-2018 03:38 PM

Hi Maria

I am using workstation not the portal to create test data.

Can you suggest some match scripts which help to fetch Meta data only the

complete search is over in excel rows.

On Friday, 29 June 2018, deoma03 <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: Test Data - LISA Workstation

Posted 07-02-2018 03:44 PM

Can you share the dataset and the Java Script step or perhaps, share the VSM and VSI internally with CA Support?

It appears that the Ensure Properties are Equal loops over the entire dataset until it finds a match.

When a match is found in the dataset, it appears that the VSI Selection Step is invoked.

If the dataset reaches EOF, it looks like the service just stops (Maybe this is the issue if the data is not in the Excel file)

Typically, it is not best practice to have a virtual service branch to End The Test. 

It seems to appear in two places once in the Dataset and in the Service Router step.

Normally, the correct course of action is not to simply end the test.

I also want to see how the VSI is coded. If you add a new parameter and the signature does not match, you are likely to receive a Service Image Not Found response; however, I don't see how that will occur if the data is not in the Excel dataset.