Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Store values entered in textbox promptset into a variable object

Posted Jul 05, 2018 03:21 PM

Hello Team,

I have created a promptset and placed text box element in it which is a multi line enabled. Now I would like to let the user enter the host names(AGENTS) based on his requirement line by line. After its submission, I want to parse those hostnames(AGENTS) line by line and store them in a static VARA object. I think I need to use string functions to play with the promptset variable.I have no clue how to start this.

Appreciate if you provide me any suggestions or better ideas.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Store values entered in textbox promptset into a variable object

Posted Jul 05, 2018 04:37 PM

You mean like this?

clear the contents of the target VARA object

Loop through each selected value from the multi-select

-   add the value to the target VARA object

end-loop

Why are you storing these values in a VARA object?  Is it so they can drive a FOR EACH workflow?  Another choice might be to do the following;

Loop through each selected value from the multi-select

-   use activate_uc_object() to launch the desired task

end-loop

• 3.  Re: Store values entered in textbox promptset into a variable object

Posted Jul 06, 2018 04:05 PM

Thanks petwir. The info is very helpful.

Yes, I want to use the VARA object in FOR EACH workflow to activate objects dynamically. 

So how should I use multi select option in text box. I understand that we should specify a separator but the users will not enter any special characters to separate. they will just enter all the values line by line. So I think in each line it would end up having spaces. Please correct me if i am assuming wrong.

Also please let me know which script statement should we use to loop the vara values. Can we use string functions or any data sequence statements. 

Thanks,

Srujan.