CA Service Management

• 1.  CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Posted May 22, 2018 11:29 AM

Hello all,

I have just installed CA BI 6.3 on a box; it is up and running. During the CA BI installation, three DB were created:

jasperserver, foodmart, sugacrm.

However, I have to install CA BI 6.3 on another different box because, as per the architecture, we will have a High Availability environment with two CABI servers running on this environment.

Both CA BI 6.3.0 should be pointing to Microsoft SQL cluster. On the Microsoft SQL, I can see the three DB created during the first installation.

But then, when I try to install the second time CABI (on a different box), if I point to the INDENTICAL DB that already exist on Microsoft SQL cluster, I can't proceed further with the installation. I then need to change the names of the DB... but If I do that... I will have two CA BI boxes pointing to different DBs, which is not the purpose/goal.

I have checked the CA BI section Configuring High Availability (HA , but I see nothing in relation to the above problem... maybe am I wrong with this configuration?

Find attached the design of CA BI, the current Microsoft SQL DB, and the warnings during the second installation.

Cheers and thanks a lot in advance for tips and advices,

Inigo. 

• 2.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Posted May 22, 2018 11:34 AM

One more thing.... maybe I don't need to install CABI a second time. As per the HA information for CABI 6.3 I read:

Prerequisites:

Install CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server JaspersoftReports Server 6.3.0 on one machine using a remote database. 

The above prerequisite is done... there is nothing written about a second CABI server...

Configuring High Availability (HA) - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0 - CA Technologies Documentat… 

• 3.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 02:34 PM

Perhaps the following Tibco documentation on Clustering will be helpful

Designing a Cluster | Jaspersoft Community 

• 4.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 03:31 PM

Inigo, maybe you can consider open a Support case for this...it seems to me the installer does not allow same DB enter when you install the second cabi on a different server. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Posted May 23, 2018 03:32 AM

Hello Chi,

yes, that is the problem. The installer doesn't allow installing CABI on the second server if I point to the identical DB of the cluster. Don't know if this configuration is possible because I didn't read anything similar to this.
    And it is supposed the environment will have HA. However, while reading the CA BI 6.3 HA in the wiki, I see nothing... only the tomcat configuration... perhaps I only need to install a tomcat server (version 8) on the second server?
    It is not clear to me.

Thanks,,

Inigo.

• 6.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 11:02 AM

Inigo, it seems you don't need to install cabi on nodes...the wiki says

"  At this time, zip the entire Tomcat folder or only <web-app> folder if you want to use different versions of Tomcat in other nodes. If you want to add any node to this cluster at any time, then on that node install JDK (supported version by both CABI and Tomcat) and/or tomcat depending on what you zipped in previous step. If you zipped the entire Tomcat folder and extracted it in the new node the edit server.xml to reflect the new node's jvmRoute value as node2. If you zipped only the <web-app> folder, then configure server.xml similar to Step 5.

Ensure that you have different jvmRoute values for all nodes in the cluster.

Copy the .jrsks,.jrslic,.jrsksp files from the node1's system current user directory to the node2's system user directory "  Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 11:07 AM

That is, install on node1 and then follow the wiki steps to "move" an install to node2

• 8.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 11:02 AM

Inigo........

If you require additional assistance, please open a CA Support case so that Tibco support can be consulted regarding the HA abilities of JasperSoft.

• 9.  Re: CA BI JasperReports 6.3.0 High Availability

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2018 10:51 AM

Inigo.......

Did you end up opening a CA Support case for further assistance?

If so, please provide the CA Support issue #