Rally Software

• 1.  CA Agile Central: fields with list of built-in objects values

Posted May 31, 2018 11:30 AM

Hello

I would like to know how I can create custom fields containing lists of values of built-in objects (such as User Stories or Features) within CA Agile Central.

---Example---

Displayed within a User Story:

with the list of values being names and links to actual Features available in CA Agile Central.

------

Thanks you ahead of time.

Fabien

• 2.  Re: CA Agile Central: fields with list of built-in objects values

Posted Jun 03, 2018 06:00 PM

I don't know of a way to do this. This would require the ability to query the database at runtime for your list, which presumably you have a way of identifying for the query. Is that right?

The workspace admin UI only permits inclusion of fixed-text items in dropdowns, AFAIK. Others may have more knowledge.

• 3.  Re: CA Agile Central: fields with list of built-in objects values

Posted Jun 05, 2018 10:23 AM

Just to clarify.

The same way you have a “Parent” feature or user story as a built-in field, I would like to have the ability to select the same list of (dynamic, CA Agile Central) values for a custom field.

• 4.  Re: CA Agile Central: fields with list of built-in objects values
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2018 06:08 PM

Hi Fabien,

There isn't a way to do that. The field types are predefined. You can see them here, there isn't a type that allows you to refer to an object (other than User). The drop-down and multi-value are both for strings, there isn't any field type that will allow such a dynamic lookup:

The "Parent" as well as all other relationship between Agile Central's objects are predefined within the Object Model and not extensible or modifiable. 

You can find more on fields and custom fields at: Create and Customize Fields | CA Agile Central Help 

If you'd like to pursue this requirement then you'll need to post a request for a future enhancement. You post it in our Ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com . If you have no username then request one by emailing to: ac-ideas@ca.com

Thanks,

Sagi