Clarity

• 1.  Calendar feed issue

Posted May 01, 2018 12:42 PM

Hi All

We have an interface for updating the calendar with the vacation booked by the resource against the resource calendar. But when I check for the integration process, i noted that only part of the file is processed and put into the resource calendar, whereas some other data are not processed. I see no particular pattern in the processing. Sometimes it didn't load the vacation for next month and in other cases, it did load vacation for later time period. Any recommendation or suggestion on my issue would be highly helpful. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Monica

• 2.  Re: Calendar feed issue

Posted May 01, 2018 03:50 PM

Put the action trace on and run it until you get several failures.

Have the developer debug it.

• 3.  Re: Calendar feed issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2018 10:06 AM

Hi urmas - thank you for the respons. The issue is now resolved. That was caused because of the weekend days being added to the vacation feed. Can you please let me know if there is any limitation when we try to XOG in vacation into resource's calendar for say after 6 months? Because, I see that now all dates are processed properly except for the Dec end date and 2019. But when i try to xog in manually into the resource's calendar, it does update. But fails only with the vacation feed. 

• 4.  Re: Calendar feed issue

Posted May 03, 2018 05:30 PM

My personal understanding is that whenever one add data in the GUI or with XOG (including XOG in gel) the system uses java and writes directly to the blobs. Further my understanding is that the blobs do not have any limitation to the time frame for which they can store data. They store the periods and the value and any number of the combinations.

I should think that is something else.

Try to get out the actual XOG from the data feed when it fails and compare it to the successful manual XOG.

• 5.  Re: Calendar feed issue

Posted May 24, 2018 02:52 AM

Just a suggestion, 

Meanwhile, Why don't you create a project which includes all the types of leaves (say annual, maternity, personal, LWOP, etc.) and remove while resource reporting. we are performing the similar way in our organization to avoid such issues.

Br,

Varun Chopra