Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Job is waiting indefinitely "waiting for predecessor"

Posted Sep 12, 2018 02:22 PM
      |   view attached

Hello all,

This is my first topics. I hope I am writing in the right place. 

I am using the Java interface 11.2.1 and at moment I am facing a strange issue during a system copy.

Some jobs were not started because they were waiting for themselves. (screen attached)

This strangely happened only in some jobs inserted in diferent jobplans.

This jobs with problem just worked fine in the past inside of the same jobplans. So, it was correctly configured in the past.

Did some of you just face this kind of issue? 

Thank you!

Rodrigo

• 2.  Re: Some jobs were not started because they were waiting for themselves

Posted Sep 13, 2018 04:06 AM

Hi Rodrigo,

Could you be more specific about the issue encountered ? What do you mean by jobs are waiting for themselves ? Do you get any error message ?

Is there any SYNC object used in the job(s)? Any maximum parallel tasks ? 

I would suggest opening a support incident with the information below : 

• xml export of the JOBP + JOBS + other objects used by the job / workflow : calendar, SYNC, INCLUDE, etc.
    • reports from the job(s) and the workflow from the time of the issue
    • server logs (CP & WP logs) from the time of the issue
    • RunIDs of the faulty job(s)

Best regards,

Antoine

• 3.  Re: Some jobs were not started because they were waiting for themselves

Posted Nov 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is appearing randomly. In this case (attachment) the situation appeared when using the template for the system copy. The End point is "waiting for a predecessor". The predecessor is itself and waits indefinitely...

Error 

• 4.  Re: Some jobs were not started because they were waiting for themselves

Posted Oct 12, 2018 03:49 PM

Hi RodrigoCunha610921,

Were you able to track down the cause of the issue for those jobs or if it is still occurring?

• 5.  Re: Some jobs were not started because they were waiting for themselves

Posted Nov 12, 2018 11:54 AM

Hello Luu,

The error is still hapenning.

• 6.  Re: Job is waiting indefinitely "waiting for predecessor"

Posted Nov 12, 2018 05:16 PM

Hi RodrigoCunha610921 

So for the jobs that are having the issues, is it consistently occurring or randomly on these jobs/workflow?  

This strangely happened only in some jobs inserted in diferent jobplans.

How did you "inserted" these job, just drag and drop or some other methods... such as the API etc..?  Or if these job have been working perfectly before then suddenly start failing continuously, I would first see on version management if anything got changed.

Or if possible can you delete that job and re-add it?  Or if you import that jobs to another system, does the same issues occur?  Things you want to see & eliminate is if it is something that specific to only those particular job (or if some one time event cause it), in which case it may be fix by simply re-adding the jobs.   (if it is a bug or anything support will need to confirm and fixed if it not already in the latest).

Otherwise, I would say enable tracing and open a case with support (sent in the info Antoine mention aboved) as they may be able to see what is occurring to cause that on the job at runtime.