Clarity

• 1.  Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 07:46 AM

Hi,

I had to remove a resource whose actuals were posted for a week; so as I always do, I removed actuals and then tried to remove the assignment. But it is throwing below error still

actuals are already 0 as shown below

What is missing from my side?

• 2.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 08:11 AM

Is it possible that you need to change the Timescale settings first and then attempt to delete it?  I noticed that warning under the error regarding the timescale.  See if adjusting that shows more and may allow you to delete it.   Just a thought.

Jon

• 3.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 08:33 AM

Assignment actuals are also on the posted timesheet/timeentry record (not just the assignment) - that would stop you removing the assignment.

• 4.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 08:38 AM

Which means, David, if I’m correct, that the only way to get rid of these now is to delete the time periods that contain these actuals.

If correct, then it’s probably not an option as one probably has timesheets, actuals, from other resources that one wants to keep from the same periods.

Is there another way, besides deleting time periods?

Dale

• 5.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 09:02 AM

I don't think so. 

To be honest I am a little confused by the original statement "so as I always do, I removed actuals and then tried to remove the assignment" in the context of "actuals were posted" as I always thought a posted timesheet was it, once that happened a whole bunch of referential integrity things stop you from "undo-ing" the work.

You could adjust the timesheet (but that doesn't help as the original timesheet still exists) - so all you can do is remove the resource's "time entry" rights against the project, un-allocate them from the project for any periods that they have not had a timesheet (but this doesn't help much, just being tidy).

If the OP really wants to remove a resource - they can't ; you can obfuscate the resource details/ids so it looks like inactive-junk, but never remove (delete) that record at all.

• 6.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 17, 2018 09:41 AM

Ok – so same as always.

Will be interesting to see how the GDPR solution develops in 15.4 forward.  We understand that there is requirement to remove resource personal information from all systems when person leaves the company (name, username, email, addresses, phone numbers, etc., etc.) – with no ability to delete resource, only option is to delete values that can be deleted and overwrite names, usernames with unique gibberish.  Maybe use some form of their primary role rather than complete gibberish?

Dale

• 7.  Re: Error in Deleting resource Assignment

Posted May 18, 2018 05:23 AM

I can understand that you have removed all the Actuals posted for that resource against the task but also check if there is any timesheet where he has already submitted some time against that task or investment. See the existing Transactions also for that resource against that investment.