Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

• 1.  Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:54 AM

Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2018 08:32 AM

Take a look at the Request Data Manager Data Protocol handler (DPH)  Request Data Manager Data Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation.  This DPH would allow copying the X-B3-TraceId element into the Argument List (if that is the desired approach). The element would then become available in the signature of the incoming request (e.g., a new key/value pair in the VSI). Once this happens, the VSI can then use the comparison logic to select different responses based on the value in the X-B3-TraceId element.

Note: if a VSI already exists and the DPH is added in the VSM, each signature expected to contain the X-B3-TraceId element needs to be configured. 

• 3.  Re: Hi Team,I want to set condition for a header field (X-B3-TraceId) that is present in Meta Data of Request.the responses are different based on the X-B3-TraceId rest all details in request are same,Pls help me to implement this.Thanks.