Clarity

• 1.  Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:43 AM

CA PPM 14.3

When I try to REMOVE the below resource, I get the error message.  This resource has no actulas or pending actuals or any pending requisitions or hard booked.

When I checked on the 'Posted Transaction Review' portlet, I see the timesheet got adjusted with ZERO timesheet.

The below link recommends to run 'Purge Financial Tables job" for the specific project.

Can a resource be removed from a task after postin - CA Knowledge 

Any thoughts!

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:23 AM

If they have an adjusted timesheet (which I think you are saying they do have), where the old/adjusted timesheet contained a task on that project (even if the new/adjustment timesheet removed that task), then the system will not let you remove that resource from the project (just like if they had a 'real' timesheet against the project). Its a "commited actuals", even though you have cancelled out those actuals subsequently.

I think all you can do is make their allocation zero and remove them for time-entry on that project.

• 3.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 05:50 AM

Thanks David.  So I have to leave those resources on the projects with zero allocation and ETC.  

• 4.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:11 AM

Yeah, and close them for time entry on that project.

• 5.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:25 AM

I would have suggested you the same, Venkitta. But the job will delete all the WIP transactions for all the resources assigned to that project. So take a note of that one. 

• 6.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:02 AM

Thanks Abhisek.  So there is no way to delete the WIP transactions only for a specific resource?

• 7.  Re: Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals

Posted Aug 10, 2018 09:14 AM

Not that I am aware of.

(Note that I am avoiding anything related to executing queries directly in the database)