DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  About Wily Introscope for SAP(RTV version)

Posted Aug 03, 2017 02:42 AM

Hello everyone!

I use  SAP RTV version of Wily Introscope

I want to ask 3 questions.

1. What does "Custom Metric Host" mean in Introscope WebView>>Investigator tab? 

What implies process names under this "Custom Metric Host"??

2. Regarding to What do the fields in Perflog.txt mean? , in perflog.txt , "Performance.Agent.NumberOfAgents" implies the number of agents. In the perflog.txt, it says there are 266 agents, but I have only around 100 systems connected to introscope. How can this be explained?

3. In a guide 「Introscope version 9 Installation Guide for SAP 」,it goes saying to manually adapt heap size, "Typically, for up to ten agents, the default configuration using 512MB Java heap (about 1GB main memory) will suffice. ". Are the agents mentioned here same for the agents in the perflog.txt I mentioned above?

Sorry for long text, but I really need help and I have none experience in this field, plus SAP wont give me any answers..

Any reply would mean a lot.

• 2.  Re: About Wily Introscope for SAP(RTV version)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 11:33 AM

Let me see if I can help you but SAP is supposed to be your goto.  Sorry your experience hasn't be so good.

"Custom Metric Host" this node is there for you to see the overview how your APM environment.  It has metrics about the different function of APM and component and how they are work.  If you drill deeper in to these node you will see more specific area of interest like Agent, Enterprise Manager Alerts etc.

The Perflog.txt file should be imported in the an application like Excel that you can view the data is a column format.   The perflog.txt displays information about the systems performance and key aspects of Environment.

Here is a KB article that will give you descriptions of the headings in this file.

KB - What do the fields in Perflog.txt mean? 

The perflog.txt is information about what the Enterprise Manager is doing.  The Agent information is only about the Agents collectively and not specifically about an Agent.  I believe (not sure) what you are talking about is the heap size of the Agent itself.  This would normally be defined in the startup options of your app/agent.  If this heap is in reference to the Enterprise Manager Start with the IntroscopeEnterpriseManager..lax file I would suggest to start with 4096m for both xms and xmx heap settings.

I hope this helps to clear up some of your questions!