DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Does CABI replace Unified Reports?

Posted Dec 11, 2017 12:51 PM

I'm told CABI is the new way to view any Jasperserver content.  I have a lot of reports created using iReport and available in our current Unified Reports portlet in UMP. 

I have played around with it a little in our new CA-UIM 8.5.1 environment.  Don't immediately find a way to show a folder view of reports.  What are others doing to use the new CABI?  Are you still using Unified Reports too?

• 2.  Re: Does CABI replace Unified Reports?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 01:25 PM

You are right CABI is the new UR. (you can even still use iReport if you like but you should use Jaspersoft studio as it has more features.)

You can bring the reports that you've created in UR into CABI.

I don't have the details to hand but I will update this thread in the next day or so.

regards

• 3.  Re: Does CABI replace Unified Reports?

Posted Dec 11, 2017 02:03 PM

Rowan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Where can I download the Jaspersoft Studio software?  Looking forward to more details.

Thanks again.

-- Dick

• 4.  Re: Does CABI replace Unified Reports?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:49 PM

Here you go…

Customers may download Jaspersoft Studio from the Jaspersoft Portal. 

Download Location: http://www.jaspersoft.com/download-jaspersoft-bi-software.    

Click on the Jaspersoft Studio Pro Edition tab.

Click on the Get the Download button.

Fill out the form.

Click on the new Get the Download button.

Click on the next Get the Download button.

Select the platform and download the software (it will be the latest version which is fine). Click on the link to install it.

Start Jaspersoft Studio Pro and within it, do the following:

Go to Windows -> Preferences

Expand Jaspersoft Studio

Select Compatibility

In the Version drop down, select JasperReports 6.3.0 and click OK.

Go to Help -> License Manager

Click the 'Install new license' button and point to the file at the following location, then click Open.

On the CABI server, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\cabi\jasperserver.license

Hope that helps

cheers

• 5.  Re: Does CABI replace Unified Reports?

Posted Dec 12, 2017 05:30 AM

If you created your old reports via iReport, you can create, from the same iReport, a connection to CABI:

You can than browse the folder structure:

Note: the folder: Custom is the one that I created to put my reports in.

Now you are ready to open your old reports and to add them into CABI.

When you go to cabi: http://your_server/cabijs and login with superuser and use the View - Repository option you will see the same folder structure: