DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Change content Dedicated field

Posted Jun 05, 2017 09:52 AM

Hello everybody. I'm having a problem while discovering network equipment. Many devices that are Firewall are being identified as SwitchRouter and others that are Routers are being identified as Linux. Searching for community, I found some examples of LUA script to change the Dedicated told equipments, however, none of which works. Anybody any other solution to organize the type of equipment?

• 2.  Re:  Change content Dedicated field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 12:14 AM

Hello.

Please open a Support case since your senario sounds complicated and could be caused by multiple factors.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 3.  Re:  Change content Dedicated field

Posted Jun 14, 2017 05:31 PM
    Hello, I already did this, but the support said that because it is a custom script, it can not help and informed me to check in the community

• 4.  Re:  Change content Dedicated field

Posted Jun 18, 2017 10:58 AM
    Someone?

• 5.  Re:  Change content Dedicated field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 09:13 AM

Are you using the discovery LUA?

Please post what you have started.

Also please set your discovery_server loglevel to 5 and capture an example of something that is wrong you want to change and post here.

we need more details and examples to help....

• 6.  Re:  Change content Dedicated field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 11:42 PM

Here are my thoughts and you can push Technical Support to pursue the cause.

1. Firewall classified as SwitchRouter

This sounds definitely a product problem no matter which probes are involved.

2. SwitchRouter classified as Linux

This might down to a product problem or a design, since some network devices are truly Linux (Embedded console is Linux variant) but worth trying to pursue the cause from product side.