Clarity

• 1.  Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Posted Sep 21, 2017 03:09 PM

Hi,

I have checked in the Posted transaction review Portlet the actual cost is 1440 and 980, There are actuals posted from August to last week of September.  The Actuals column in the Task is populated with hours , but the Actual cost column is zero.

Please advice.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Posted Sep 22, 2017 02:15 AM

Similar to this

I need to show on Task level Planned Cost and Actual Cost. ACWP is not the number I need to see

https://communities.ca.com/message/241692429 

NJ

• 3.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2017 09:46 PM

Hi Jaya Santosh,

Was there any recent changes to the rate matrix? There is a possibility that there was a change in the rate matrix and before running the Rate Matrix extraction, you ran the Post Timesheet (assuming these tx have come from timesheets) job and the cost was calculated as 0, which might have been the previous cost in the rate matrix. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 4.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Posted Sep 26, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi Sebastian,

Which Job will populates the value in the Actual Cost column ?

• 5.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2017 05:18 PM

Hi Santosh,

Are these timesheet transactions - if so, then Post Timesheet job should update the actual hours and actual cost column. I can see the actual hours in the screenshot you pasted, which means the required jobs have run to get the actuals to the assignment. 

Can you try running update cost totals from the action drop down in task page and also the Investment Allocation job. 

If these transactions are xogged in or manually created via transaction entry, please run import financial actuals job.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 6.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Posted Feb 11, 2019 04:06 PM

Would "Update Cost Totals" option  under the Action drop-down in the Task tab helps ?

• 7.  Re: Actual cost column not populated in the Task

Posted Sep 27, 2017 01:33 AM

You may want to double-check this suggestion, but it's my impression that the 'Input Type Code' and the 'Charge Code' are also required in order to make a full connection to the rate to use for the Timesheet records. If users are lax about entering these, it may jeopardize the calculations that get collected when the Timesheet is posted.