Test Data Manager

• 1.  Environment option not available under Modeling tab

Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:33 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I am using CA TDM 4.1 and trying to use the Dynamic Test Reservation service. For that, I need to create an Environment. But i am not able to see the 'Environments' option under the Modeling tab. I only see 'Objects' and 'Variables' option there.

Am i missing something here? Do I need to install any special component or service to enable the Environments option?

Can someone please help me regarding the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur Mathur

• 2.  Re: Environment option not available under Modeling tab
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:54 AM

Hi Ankur,

From the documentation of TDM 4.1:

CA TDM Portal (Preview Mode)

The following features are available for preview in this release of the CA TDM Portal:

Note: You can enable preview features during the CA TDM Portal installation or by configuring the application.properties file. Preview features are only for trial purpose. Do not enable them in production deployment. These features are not supported through regular support channels.

So it looks like the preview features are not enabled. I would not recommend enabling them but I do recommend upgrading to TDM 4.2. In 4.2 the preview features are no longer preview and are included out of the box.

Best regards,

Peter

• 3.  Re: Environment option not available under Modeling tab

Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:16 AM

Thanks a lot Peter, I knew i was missing something here. Although I had read about the preview feature earlier but couldn't make the connection earlier.

Thanks a ton !!