DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Auto Operator profile name variable

Posted Apr 04, 2018 06:57 PM

Does anyone know if there is a variable you can use in your notifications that contains the name of the Auto Operator profile that was triggered to send the notification?

For example... I have several AO profiles that generate an email when certain log file matches occur.  One called "Email Chris" will send me specific errors from various systems.  There are several distro groups that my email address is in that ALSO gets emails from other AO profiles.  It would make figuring out which profile is sending the message a little easier if I could include the name of the one that sent it.

I do this in Spectrum by putting the name of the SANM notifier script in the message being sent.  But, I don't see that in the variable list for email templates or other places.

Curious to know how others may have done something similar.

Thanks,

Chris 

• 2.  Re: Auto Operator profile name variable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 07:39 PM

Hi Chris,

You can edit the email template via the emailgtw probe, adding one line, for example, see below...

<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%" border="1" bgcolor="#330066">
      <tbody>
        <tr>
          <td width="100%" bgColor="#330066" valign="middle" align="left">
            <table width="100%" border="0" bgcolor="#330066" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tbody>
                <tr>
                  <td width="4%" height="2" align="left">
                    <table width="100%" border="0" height="19">
                      <tbody>
                        <tr>
                          <td width="100%" bgColor="$level_col" bordercolorlight="#FFFFFF" bordercolordark="#C0C0C0"> </td>
                        </tr>
                      </tbody>
                    </table>
                  </td>
                  <td width="10%" valign="middle" align="left"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">$level_exp</font></b></td>
                  <td width="86%" valign="top" align="left">
                    <table width="100%" border="0">
                      <tbody>
                        <tr>
                          <td width="25%"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">$source[$hostname_strip]</font></b></td>
                          <td width="25%"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">$subsys</font></b></td>
                          <td width="25%"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Robot: $robot</font></b></td>
                          <td width="25%"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Probe: $prid</font></b></td>
                          <td width="25%"><b><font color="#FFFFFF">AO Profile: $profile</font></b></td>
                        </tr>
                      </tbody>
                    </table>
                  </td>
                </tr>
              </tbody>

• 3.  Re: Auto Operator profile name variable

Posted Apr 10, 2018 05:54 PM

Thank you, I spent forever trying to match up an alarm to the AO profile it came from. This will be a huge help. 

Great question Knowles!

• 4.  Re: Auto Operator profile name variable

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:54 PM

I did something similar in Spectrum where I added the notifier name to each of my SANM scripts so I would know which notifier was picking up the alert and firing.  I'm glad this variable was available because I didn't see any other good way to figure these out.

Thanks Stephen for your answer.  Is there a list of other "hidden, but helpful" variables we can make us of (beyond the list that is published that didn't include this one)?? 

• 5.  Re: Auto Operator profile name variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 08:06 PM

Hi Chris,

Only what is already published/documented for the emailgtw probe here:

emailgtw Advanced Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

I don't know of any other hidden variables but I have requested an update to the Help doc for $profile. I've tested many other variables for the template/alarm message but they did not expand.

• 6.  RE: Re: Auto Operator profile name variable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2020 07:33 PM
    How to use the nas Auto Operator profile name variable to identify the AO profile that triggered the email message
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=202846

Steve

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US
    ------------------------------

• 7.  Re: Auto Operator profile name variable

Posted Jan 16, 2019 04:57 PM

Hello, is there a way to populate say the Custom fields in an alarm with whatever PPR or AO rule was applied to the alert? We need to know what rules/filters were applied to certain alarms that might be on our alarm console that are invisible and need to now why. If we could get one of the Custom Fields populate that would be really helpful.