Clarity

• 1.  Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Jun 29, 2017 09:52 AM

Hello!

We're having an issue with the Capacity vs Demand by Role report in Jaspersoft.

"Populate Resource Role", "Show Roles With No Capacity" and "Include Unstaffed Roles" options are selected.

When  we are selecting multiple roles, both staffed and unstaffed, the report displays correctly, showing lines for all roles. When we are selecting only unstaffed roles, the report shows no data.

Did anyone have this issue?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Jun 29, 2017 12:23 PM

Have you checked this?

Tips on Running the CSP Capacity vs. Demand Reports 

https://communities.ca.com/message/111220523 

NJ

• 3.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Jun 30, 2017 04:35 AM

Hello and thanks for your reply!

Yes, I had checked that link before I posted in here. Most of the tips are related to resources, not roles.

Resource Role:

1. Resources must have an assigned primary role and have capacity
    2. If a role is selected that is not staffed you must check the “Show Roles with No Capacity” to include roles with zero capacity.  Also check the “Include UnStaffed Roles”

We are not selecting resources, just roles. They are unstaffed and we have checked  “Show Roles with No Capacity” and “Include UnStaffed Roles”. No OBS is selected. When at least a staffed role is selected, the report runs fine. When all are unstaffed, the report returns nothing.

• 4.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Jul 04, 2017 09:49 AM

Hi Marius_N,

What CA PPM version? It could be a product defect. Check with CA support.

• 5.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Jul 04, 2017 09:53 AM

Hello, Aurora!

Thanks for your reply! It's 15.1. I've opened a case with CA Support. I'll update de post when they find a solution.

Thank you!

• 6.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2017 09:03 AM

It has been registered as DE35921, scheduled to be fixed in 15.4 version.

• 7.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Oct 13, 2017 12:30 PM

Good to know, but why wait until 15.4?  Is there something wrong with CA PPM or the Load DWH job that fails to put the unstaffed roll data in the DWH?  If the data is in the DWH, just not displayed by the report and a fixed report solves the problem, don't wait for 15.4 - send it now or at least post the fixed report where those that need it can grab it.

In general, having to wait six months for a fix on something that is broken is unacceptable.  Then add on the delay for going through upgrade process - could be 9 months or more before customer sees resolution.

• 8.  Re: Capacity vs Demand By Role Report Issue

Posted Oct 16, 2017 03:55 AM

My oppinion is that the query in the report has not been designed to cover this particular case. But I don't have more details about the cause.

They also said it is also targeted to be fixed in patch 10 for 15.1,  not due until spring 2018.