Symantec IGA

• 1.  CA IDM installation issue

Posted Feb 20, 2018 09:08 PM

Hi There,

Am getting following error during installing CA IDM 14.1, could you please let me know how can I find out what's going wrong? To assure you the database credentials are correct and using Oracle XE 11gr2 DB on win2008.

• 2.  Re: CA IDM installation issue

Posted Feb 20, 2018 09:16 PM

Hi,

Can you check for one of the below :

- network issue.
    - permission issue on the SQL DB, perhaps connecting with a user without enough privileges.

To check on the network issue:
    - should ping the SQL Server IP and machine name from a command prompt on the machine where you install IDM.
    This will confirm that there is good network specifically between these 2 machines.

- You should/could also use telnet from the IDM box to the SQL box on the port you're connecting to the DB and make sure that port also works.

To check on the privilege issue:
    - Make sure the username which you use to connect IDM to your DB has 'db_owner' privilege over that database instance.
    - Make sure you can use a SQL Client and connect to the same DB instance with exact same username/password credentials that you enter in the IDM installation - this will confirm this particular user can connect and that you indeed know the credentials.

Regards,

Ram,

• 3.  Re: CA IDM installation issue

Posted Feb 21, 2018 09:49 AM

Thanks for it.I tried to overcome that issue but the installer is not progressing from here on(see below) and it has been in the below state for over 30 mins.Please advise what could be the issue?

• 4.  Re: CA IDM installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 11:26 AM

It looks like your system is running with low entropy value. 

Linux Installation Requirements - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sufficient Entropy

On a Linux system, ensure that sufficient entropy is available. CA Identity Manager requires random data from /dev/random to perform essential cryptographic functions. If data in /dev/random is exhausted, CA Identity Manager processes must wait for random data to be available. This waiting results in poor performance. Use rngd and rng-tools to ensure that /dev/random has sufficient data and reading processes are not blocked.

Also refer this document also -  Alternatives to renaming /dev/random to /dev/urand - CA Knowledge 

Also make sure that you have installed, required packages.

CA Identity Manager Server

For Red Hat 6.x and Red Hat 7.x, install these packages in the following order:

1. glibc.i686.rpm
    2. libXext.i686.rpm
    3. libXtst.i686.rpm
    4. ncurses-devel.i686.rpm
    5. ksh.rpm
    6. libXmu.i686.rpm

7. libXft.i686.rpm

8. libXpm.i686.rpm

To monitor the entropy on the system, execute the following command:

watch -n 1 cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail