Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is it possible to "Lock" a field on Prompt based on value picked in previous field?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 09:38 AM
    Hi,
    In the prompt below I want to "Lock" the final field in my prompt depending on the value chosen in the field above it.
    Is this possible?

td9snmjkqoyl.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/0f/td9snmjkqoyl.png" width="447">

John.

• 2.  Is it possible to "Lock" a field on Prompt based on value picked in previous field?

Posted Oct 20, 2016 12:08 AM

Hi John

What version are you using? I tried once something like this with 11.2 using xquery. However in v9/10 I think this won't be possible.

Regards
    Joel

• 3.  Is it possible to "Lock" a field on Prompt based on value picked in previous field?

Posted Oct 20, 2016 04:02 AM
    On V10 I'm afraid.
    I found an easy way around this by adding a small bit of code to my pre process

:IF &PSU_BUILD# = 'NOPSU'
    :  SET &PSU_CYCLE# = ''
    :ENDIF

• 4.  Is it possible to "Lock" a field on Prompt based on value picked in previous field?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2016 10:11 AM
    If you want a pretty interactive mode what you could do is the following:
    - Create Workflow
    - Attach Promptset without PSU Cycle choice to Workflow
    - Create SCRI-Object. Attach PSU-Cycle choice promptset. Put it as first task in workflow.
    - On the SCRI task set the task-property that the promptset should always pop-up
    - On the SCRI task precondition do the user-defined logic "IF &PSU_BUILD# != 'NOPSU', RUN ELSE SKIP'
    - In SCRI object do a PSET of the PSU CYCLE

:-).

• 5.  Is it possible to "Lock" a field on Prompt based on value picked in previous field?

Posted Oct 21, 2016 04:40 AM
    thanks for that.