CA Service Management

• 1.  not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Posted Aug 01, 2017 04:14 PM

Hello Team

I'm customizing some fields  in detail_chg.htmpl file . There is a field Assignee and I rename it to Unit Head and save the page n publish it. also ran pdm_webcache -H but only this field is not updating other than that all changed.

Please advise on it.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Posted Aug 01, 2017 04:35 PM

Are you using multiple form groups?  If so, you should check to see if the form is published to the proper form group for the role which you are using.  Also if you are using multiple servers (secondary or app servers) in your environment? If so you may need to copy that form to the other servers.

Hope this helps,

Jon

• 3.  Re: not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Posted Aug 01, 2017 04:38 PM

Hi Jon

I'm doing on background server .

On 02-Aug-2017 1:36 am, "Jon_Israel" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Posted Aug 02, 2017 07:02 AM

Hi Aamir,

What method did you use to make this change (WSP or manually on the form via text editor)?

Also let us know if you see the updated form on Application and Standby servers in the NX_ROOT\site\mods...path?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Posted Aug 02, 2017 02:44 PM

Hi Aamir, 

Ok, so you are making the change to the form on the background, and are logging into the web interface on the background to test it??  Just want to confirm that.    If yes, then it could be what I mentioned about the form groups.  You may be using a role that has a form group other than the one for which you updated the form, thus you wont see the updated form as its not part of your form group.

Additionally, can you confirm if you made the change to the form directly or if you used web screen painter?

Once you saved the form, where did you save it specifically?

Thanks.

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: not updating assignee field in detail_chg.htmpl file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi Aamir,

Have you considered to suppress the version control between the Standby and Background Server if you are running on Advanced availability. There might be a possibility that your changes are overwritten by the standby by server files.

You might as well want to go through this documentation in regards to performing rolling maintenance.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configure-ca-service-desk-manager/managing-servers/how-to-perform-rolling-maintenance-on-ca-sdm-servers

Hope this document helps understand the process of maintenance.