Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

U04002691 An unexpected error occurred while downloading the file (&01).

• 1.  U04002691 An unexpected error occurred while downloading the file (&01).

Posted 09-06-2016 04:26 AM
    Whenever I try to use the Open or Open as text... buttons to view a report file list in the Report window of a job, an error like this appears:
    U04002691 An unexpected error occurred while downloading the file (&01). The download was canceled.
    The Download... button works fine. The above error appeared when I tried to open the REP (Report) file. If I try to open a registered output file, the same error occurs, but the name of the file appears in place of &01 in the error message.

This problem began after we upgraded from v9 to v11. We are running UC4 Version 11.2.2+build.622.

Has anyone else seen this?

• 2.  U04002691 An unexpected error occurred while downloading the file (&01).

Posted 09-08-2016 04:48 AM
    Frequent readers of my discussions may remember that I discovered that when the UI is started using a custom script that sets environment variables and Java system parameters, some applications functions that write files to the local system where the UI is running seem to get confused. For example, the UI has problems writing temporary files related to RA agents when the UI is started in a non-standard way.

I suspect that the problem with Open and Open as text... are affected in a similar way, because they also write temporary files. The problem with Open and Open as text... does not happen when the UI is run with a more standard out-of-the-box configuration.