DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  cannot leave maintenance mode

Posted Jan 15, 2018 02:43 PM

Have had three servers spontaneously enter maintenance mode. By spontaneous I mean that there was no user activity and maintenance mode was not scheduled.

The UMP displays all three servers as being Active, as in they are NOT in maintenance mode in the UMP, only in the UIM and Admin Console.

The UIM returns a "Error on command (2): maint_until" when we attempt to take them out of maintenance mode manually.

The UIM returns a "Error on command (2): maint_until" when we attempt to set a new maintenance mode entry manually.

Questions:

1) how do we get these machines OUT of maintenance mode?

2) does requesting maintenance mode issue a write to the SQL database? What would we query and how much would it tell us?

3) Is there any particular network condition which may cause the hub to believe the robots are still in maintenance mode?

• 2.  Re: cannot leave maintenance mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 02:20 AM

Hello Tim,

you may consider to cleanup the maintenance mode tables in the database.

1. Deactivate NAS probe.
    2. Deactivate maintenance_mode probe.
    3. Drop the below tables.

drop table MAINTENANCE_SCHEDULE
    drop table MAINTENANCE_SCHEDULE_MEMBERS
    drop table MAINTENANCE_WINDOW

4. Activate maintenance_mode probe.
    5. Activate NAS probe.
    6. Re-register maintenance setting for a device to verify it is working as expected.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 3.  Re: cannot leave maintenance mode
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2018 01:41 PM

The issue turned out to be that the Hub had changed IPs

Seems that the documentation does not include the requirement that the Hubs have a static IP and/or a DHCP reservation in order to preserve the relationship between the hub and the robot. I didn't think it should, the Hub documentation as I recall seemed to imply that a robot that couldn't find its original hub but that could find the Nimbus on the network would adopt the IP address of the Hub that was generating that nimbus.