Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  RA Web Services - mandatory SOAP arguments

Posted Jul 01, 2016 01:13 PM
    Hi,

I am using (or trying to use) the Web Services agent to interrogate Microsoft Exchange Web Services.  What I want to do is easily achieved using SOAPUI which our web team recommended to use to test my logic, however Automic has interpreted the exchange WSDL and decided that Impersonation is mandatory, whereas SOAPUI did not.  How can I tell Automic to ignore this argument as I'm 99% sure it will work if I can do that (as it does in SOAPUI)...  I am trying to get our Exchange team to enable impersonation, but they are reluctant...

Thanks in advance for any assistance in this...

-Phill..

• 2.  RA Web Services - mandatory SOAP arguments

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:45 PM
    Hi Phil,

In your SOAP Connection object, can you make sure the "Use Strict Schema Validation" box isnt active?

also, in the SOAP Job, can you uncheck the "Marshal the SOAP Response" and retry?

• 3.  RA Web Services - mandatory SOAP arguments

Posted Jul 22, 2016 05:25 AM
    Hi Brendan,

I have version 3.2.0 build1 of the RA Web Service agent and have tried to select "Disable Strict Schema Validation" (which this tick box was renamed to in this version) and have tried the Marshal option as you suggest.  I have been able to get the EWS operation findFolder working, but am trying to get findItem working, this is complaining about an item that is not mandatory, but Automic seems to think it is - do you know if this can be controlled somewhere?  I get this in the agent log:

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementTypeChoice cannot be null!!
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.types.NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementType.serialize(NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementType.java:111)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.types.NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementType.serialize(NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementType.java:79)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.types.ItemResponseShapeType.serialize(ItemResponseShapeType.java:270)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.types.ItemResponseShapeType.serialize(ItemResponseShapeType.java:204)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.messages.FindItemType.serialize(FindItemType.java:277)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.messages.FindItemType.serialize(FindItemType.java:244)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.messages.FindItem.serialize(FindItem.java:63)
         at com.microsoft.schemas.exchange.services._2006.messages.FindItem.serialize(FindItem.java:53)
         at org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBDataSource.serialize(ADBDataSource.java:90)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMSourcedElementImpl.internalSerialize(OMSourcedElementImpl.java:635)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.util.OMSerializerUtil.serializeChildren(OMSerializerUtil.java:556)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.internalSerialize(OMElementImpl.java:846)
         at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPEnvelopeImpl.internalSerialize(SOAPEnvelopeImpl.java:214)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMSerializableImpl.serialize(OMSerializableImpl.java:120)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMSerializableImpl.serialize(OMSerializableImpl.java:108)
         at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.toString(OMElementImpl.java:957)
         ... 21 more
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ End of Runtime Exception ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have found this element, but it cannot be edited..  Happy to WebEx if that would help.

-Phill..

• 4.  RA Web Services - mandatory SOAP arguments

Posted Aug 10, 2016 10:20 AM
    So, an update on this.  I raised a support call and have been liaising with Jeremy.

Upgrading the RA CORE to version 10.0.8+build.472 with the Web Service Agent 3.2.0+build.1 has fixed the NonEmptyArrayOfPathsToElementTypeChoice issue, but now I have an error relating to mustUnderstand. It seems Automic add this to the SOAP request, and for one element it is not valid (DateTimePrecision).  I have updated the support call and await a response on how to remove this from the SOAP request.  The generated XML (without the mustUnderstand="0" on the DateTimePrecision) works in SOAPUI so I am hopeful this is the last issue to resolve.

Any help on this would be appreciated.